- M.Sc., summa cum laude, Biological Sciences, Simon Fraser University (2016)
- B.Sc. (hons), summa cum laude, Environmental Science, Conc. in conservation and biodiversity, University of Ottawa (2010)
- W. Garfield Weston Scholarship, 2015-2016
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Canada Graduate Scholarship (Masters), 2014-2015
- Simon Fraser University, Biological Sciences, Graduate Fellowship, 2014 & 2015
- Simon Fraser University, Biological Sciences, Travel and Minor Research Award, 2014
- Simon Fraser University, Office of Graduate Studies, Special Graduate Entrance Award, 2013
- University of Ottawa, Faculty of Science award for the highest standing in the honours bachelor in Environmental Science graduating class, 2010
- University of Ottawa, TD Bank Financial Group 2009 Green Scholarship
- University of Ottawa, Constance Nozzolillo 2009 Scholarship
- Andersson, L. Can we predict bear behaviour, size of spawning salmon and amount of cross-boundary nutrient transfer just from the amount of large woody debris in a stream? BISC204 Introduction to Ecology Guest Lecture. Simon Fraser University. Burnaby. April 5, 2018.
- Participant in the International Year of the Salmon North Pacific Steering Committee Meeting. Vancouver. February, 2018
- Andersson, L. Salmon Egg Subsidies and Interference Competition Among Stream Fishes. Pacific Ecology and Evolution Conference (PEEC 2018). Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre, Bamfield. February 24, 2018.
- Andersson, L. Large-scale temperature monitoring to add to the collaborative understanding of river temperatures with potential relevance to salmon and land-use management. Nicola Sympoium - Collaboration in a Sensitive Watershed. Merritt. February 1, 2018
- Andersson, L. Habitat-mediated predation and selective consumption of spawning salmon by bears. Canadian Society for Ecology & Evolution Meeting 2017 (CSEE 2017). Victoria. May 9, 2017
- Andersson, L. Observational data, general linear mixed-effects models, salmon, bears and size biased predation: how to make sense of it all. Pacific Ecology and Evolution Conference (PEEC 2017). Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre, Bamfield. February 25, 2017.
- Andersson, L. Are bears picky eaters? The influence of stream characteristics on selective consumption of spawning salmon. Pacific Ecology and Evolution Conference (PEEC 2016). Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre, Bamfield. February 27, 2016.
- Andersson, L. Salmon fisheries. Guest Lecture. BISC413 Fisheries Ecology. Simon Fraser University, Burnaby. November 4, 2015.
- Andersson, L. Generalized linear mixed effects models and applications with complex data. Guest Lecture. Ecological Models and Data. Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre, Bamfield. August 30, 2015.
- Andersson, L. Selective predation and partial consumption of spawning salmon: influences on bear foraging behaviour. Pacific Ecology and Evolution Conference (PEEC 2015). Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre, Bamfield. February 28, 2015.
- Andersson, L. Selective predation on spawning salmon: The influence of habitat characteristics. 7th Annual Simon Fraser University IDEAS Symposium. Simon Fraser University, Burnaby. January 24, 2015.
- Andersson, L. The influence of habitat characteristics on predator selectivity and trait divergence among salmon populations. Pacific Ecology and Evolution Conference (PEEC 2014). Bamfield Marine Sciences Centre, Bamfield. March 1, 2014.
- Small Vessel Operator's Proficiency (SVOP)
- MED-A3 Marine Emergency Duties
- Wilderness First Aid (2014 & 2017)
- PADI Open Water Diver
- PADI Emergency Oxygen Provider
- Swiftwater/Flood Rescue - Awareness - Fire/Rescue
- Electrofishing Certification
- Standard First Aid and CPR/AED for Health Care Personnel
- CPR A and C with AED, Wilderness First Aid
- Animal Care Certificate
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TGC) and International Air Transport (IATA) for Class 6.2 - Infectious Substances and Biological Substances Certification
- Pleasure Craft Operator's Card (PCOC)
- Multiple certifications in workplace safety including Laboratory Safety, Laser Safety, Bio-Radiation Safety and WHMIS
- SFU Supervisor Safety Training Certification
- Salmon Watersheds Lab, Burnaby, BC
- Simon Fraser University, Department of Biological Sciences, Burnaby, BC
Teaching Assistant. Terrestrial and Freshwater Conservation. BMSC. 2015.
Volunteer Field Assistant, RFID tracking: intertidal snail (Nucella ostrina) dispersal patterns, 2015
Research Assistant, Salmon Enumeration. 2013-2014
- Chemical Institute of Canada, Ottawa, ON
- University of Ottawa, Office of Risk Management, Ottawa, ON
- Natural Resources Canada, Ottawa, ON
- Agriculture and Agri-food Canada, Ottawa, ON
- Conference Chair. Pacific Ecology and Evolution Conference. Bamfield, BC. February, 2017
- Organizing Committee Member. EnviroAnalysis 2013. Toronto, ON. September 2013
- Marketing Coordinator and Exhibition Show Manager. 96th Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition. Quebec City, QC. May 2013
- Marketing Coordinator and Student Program Manager. 62nd Chemical Engineering Conference. Vancouver, BC. October 2012
- Marketing Coordinator and Photographer. 95th Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition. Calgary, AB. May 2012
- Canadian Society for Chemistry Representative. 40th Southern Ontario Undergraduate Student Chemistry Conference. Guelph, ON. March 2012
- Marketing Coordinator and Photographer. 61st Chemical Engineering Conference. London, ON. October 2011
- Marketing Coordinator. 94th Canadian Chemistry Conference and Exhibition. Montreal, QC. June 2011
- Marketing Coordinator. 60th Chemical Engineering Conference. Saskatoon, SK. October 2010
- Green Chemistry Awards Coordinator. 3rd International IUPAC Conference on Green Chemistry. Ottawa, ON. August 2010